The transmission structure of wire drawing machines is mostly gear transmission, which has been mainly manifested in water intake and oil leakage from the gearbox during years of production, resulting in damage to spare parts such as bearings and gears, causing drum swing, loud noise, and poor on-site environment. To change this situation, the corresponding parameters for selecting timing belts are determined based on various parameters of the gear transmission box. However, when selecting corresponding parameters for timing belts based on theoretical selection, the structure of timing belt transmission cannot meet the operational needs of the wire drawing machine. Based on experience, modifying the corresponding parameters can meet the operational needs of the wire drawing machine.
Currently, timing belt transmission is mainly used in various textile machinery, instruments, automobiles, and other light industrial machinery. Timing belts have the advantages of both belt drive and chain drive during use: smooth transmission with low noise, accurate transmission ratio, small axial force on the shaft, high transmission efficiency, good oil and wear resistance; compact transmission structure; and the toothed belt drive itself does not require lubrication. After replacing the gearbox of the gear transmission with a toothed belt drive, the problem of water intake, oil leakage, and noise in the gearbox can be fundamentally solved. However, when selecting the corresponding parameters for timing belts based on theoretical selection according to various parameters of the gear transmission box, the structure of the timing belt transmission box cannot meet the operational needs of the wire drawing machine. By modifying some parameters based on experience, a set of non-standard timing belts and timing belt pulleys are designed. According to the results of the test, this transmission box can meet the operational requirements of the wire drawing machine.
The main problems with the gear transmission reducer of the wire drawing machine in years of production are as follows:
(1) Cooling water enters the gearbox through the main shaft, destroying the lubrication of bearings and gears, causing wear or damage to gears and bearings in the gearbox. Therefore, the machine often breaks down, and the maintenance cost is high.
(2) After the gearbox is filled with water, the lubricating oil overflows, causing environmental pollution and seriously affecting on-site civilized production.
(3) The gearbox gears bear large alternating loads, and the noise and temperature during operation are high.
Since the wire drawing machine prototype was modified, it has demonstrated better results compared to the closed gear transmission used in the main reducer. It meets production requirements and achieves design goals.
(1) The operational capacity of the equipment has been improved, and the machine downtime has been reduced, providing powerful support for the completion of production tasks.
(2) The problem of water intake and oil leakage in the gearbox has been thoroughly solved, with no lubricating oil pollution, and improved working environment for workers.
(3) The transmission is stable, reducing on-site noise and benefiting the physical and mental health of workers.
(4) The disassembly and assembly are convenient, reducing the labor intensity of maintenance workers.
(5) The operational accuracy of the equipment has been improved, the product quality has been improved, and the production cost has been reduced.
(6) The toothed belt drive mechanism can be interchanged and widely used in dry drawing machines (finished machine tools).
From the situation of the test machine installed and used for nearly a year, the modified transmission mechanism not only has smooth transmission, saves spare parts costs, and is beneficial to product quality and reduces production costs, but also reduces on-site noise, benefits the physical and mental health of workers, and improves the working environment for workers. However, the timing belt pulley of the toothed belt drive mechanism does not require a double-sided